Monday, April 30, 2012

Shelving Under a Wall-Mounted TV

I know you have been on pins and needles since I told you that my McCarty pieces that previously lived in the kitchen were getting a new home (ok, maybe not, but humor me...) Well, you may remember last year when I decided to tackle a Pinterest project as a temporary shelving idea under the newly mounted TV in the den:
I used crates from Joann's and stained them. This worked for the time being, but I wanted an actual furniture piece there.
 
 A few weeks ago I walked into Pottery Barn outlet, and saw this...
It's actually PB kids, but we won't tell anybody :) It was the perfect fit for the space and also provides lots of storage. Not to mention it has two nifty back panels, so it was easy to keep one off to allow for outlets/plugs.
All of the DVR and DirecTV boxes are in the closet behind the TV, so I didn't really need a place for those, but I thought my McCarty would be perfect here!
It now holds all of the pieces that aren't being displayed in my Great Room built-ins...
 It also holds extra pillows, my antiique pepsi crate/candle holder, and some old records.
You can see how I left the bottom back panel out, and how the pillows conveniently cover all of that mess up!

So just for fun, lets look waayyyyy back, to where this little space started 4 years ago...
To wear it is now. Much better, I think!
And the best part...I had a $25 off coupon that I got in the mail along with two $25 reward certificates, and with a price tag of $79, this brought my total to around $7!  Not bad considering it is still $250 online!
Have you found any great deals like this lately? I'd love to hear!!

Also, don't forget to grab my new button to put on your blog!

MidSouth Stagers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...